The Gift of Eternal Life

The Gift of Eternal Life

A useful visual tool for presenting the Gospel to aid the receiving of the Gift of Eternal Life.

Author: Joseph Lai

Publisher: Kingdom Harvest Ministries

ISBN: 9781982938840

Category: Religion

Page: 30

View: 401

A useful visual tool for presenting the Gospel to aid the receiving of the Gift of Eternal Life.
Categories: Religion

The Unspeakable Gift

The Unspeakable Gift

Excerpt from The Unspeakable Gift: The Gift of Eternal Life Through Jesus Christ Our Lord Chairmanship of the London Association of Congregational Ministers, embracing nearly one hundred members - J. H. P. About the Publisher Forgotten ...

Author: J. H. Pettingell

Publisher: Forgotten Books

ISBN: 1333974116

Category: Religion

Page: 378

View: 987

Excerpt from The Unspeakable Gift: The Gift of Eternal Life Through Jesus Christ Our Lord The same may be said of the still more striking concession of the London Missionary Society in con ferring on the same person the honor of moving the adoption of their Report, last May, at Exeter Hall, again without a breath of opposition. I mention these facts to prove to the American Churches what is the state of public opinion here. It is making a decided movement towards open and avowed tolera tion Of what some of us consider the central idea of Revelation - the center whence radiate. All the great gospel doctrines of Justification, Sanctification, Re demption and Resurrection, the Deity and Atonement of Christ, and the work of the Holy Spirit, and lastly, the doctrine of Retribution. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
Categories: Religion

The Manifold Wisdom Of God

The Manifold Wisdom Of God

This book is about the manifold wisdom of God and His intent for the creation of man.

Author: Kazeem O Okosun

Publisher:

ISBN: 1087906539

Category:

Page: 120

View: 179

This book is about the manifold wisdom of God and His intent for the creation of man. Was the eating of the fruit from the tree of good and evil to the advantage of man? Considering that all things come together for good for them that love God, how did this event help man against the devil's plan? These are the questions that will be addressed in this book. In order to align ourselves to the will of God and to fulfilling His purpose, we need to know why God created the earth, what His purpose was and His intention. Remember, Christ said "I have come to do thy will oh God", and "let thy will be done on earth at it is in heaven." In the same way, we need to do the will of God. Also, Jesus said if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, it is enough to do great things! (Luke 17:6, Matthew 17:20). Jesus in this scripture is simply saying if you assess a situation and you think that you only see 1% chance of success (as small as a grain of mustard seed), but you choose to believe that tiny 1% chance, ignoring the 99% odds that is against you succeeding, this is what faith is about. Elijah prayed for rain and the only evidence he saw was a small cloud but he concluded that God had answered his prayers. Then, there was a heavy outpouring of rain. The problem is we want to see a perfect or 99% chance of success before taking actions. We want to see the sky covered with great clouds before we believe that rain will fall. You must be convinced beyond any reasonable doubts that 1% chance of success is enough to deliver to you your desired success. Most often God wants to work with the 1% chance of success if you only believe. This is what God did through Gideon with 1% strength by reducing his army from 32, 000 to 300 men.
Categories:

The Gift of God Is Eternal Life

The Gift of God Is Eternal Life

Stanley continued, undisturbed, “The most wellknown verse in the Bible is John 3
:16: 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.' So God's
gift of ...

Author: Steven H. Propp

Publisher: iUniverse

ISBN: 9781532014215

Category: Fiction

Page: 304

View: 613

According to Christian doctrine, what happens to those who have died? While traditionally it has been said that one group of people spends eternity in heavenly happiness while another group experiences conscious, unending torment in hell, there are other Christians who believe in alternativesthat hell is simply a separation from God, that the lost are simply annihilated and not subject to torment, or that actually, in the end, all will be reconciled to God and live in heavenly glory. The Gift of God Is Eternal Life explores a five-century journey that traces the development and dispersal of the doctrines of universalism and conditional immorality in a compelling narrative collection of short stories. Beginning from when these doctrines were merely whispered about or published anonymously to the days when traveling evangelists preached them in the new and growing American republic, these engaging vignettes show how this once intense debate between Christians has evolved into modern times where such ideas can be freely discussedeven in mainstream television and evangelism. Do infants who die prior to an age of accountability receive salvation, and are those who have never heard the Christian message simply doomed? What about loved ones who die without having embraced the Christian gospelor those who believe in less-traditional Christian dogmas and institutions? The Gift of God Is Eternal Life can help both believers and nonbelievers understand the implications of these theological perspectivesnot just in an afterlife, but in their own lives here and now.
Categories: Fiction

KEY THAT UNLOCKS THE GIFT

KEY THAT UNLOCKS THE GIFT

"" If the gift is eternal life through Christ, what is the key that unlocks the gift? A personal relationship with God (through Jesus Christ) is the key that unlocks the gift of eternal life through salvation.

Author: Jason Cook

Publisher: Tate Publishing & Enterprises

ISBN: 1683015134

Category: Biography & Autobiography

Page: 368

View: 972

The Key That Unlocks the Gift is a chronicled journey, not about what was lost, but what was found. What does it profit a man to gain the world but lose his soul? God has blessed us with life and wishes that we live abundantly. He blesses us with relationships, jobs, and finances; many times those things become our idols and our gods. Many times, when we began to worship the created thing more than the Creator, God will reposition those things away from us to get our focus back on Him. In a time of seeming loss, it is important to remember that God sent His Son, Jesus, to die so that we might have eternal life (the eternal gain). Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." If the gift is eternal life through Christ, what is the key that unlocks the gift? A personal relationship with God (through Jesus Christ) is the key that unlocks the gift of eternal life through salvation. And our relationship with people and how we relate to the things that He blessed us with is a reflection of our relationship with God. God values your soul more than any person or possession He will bless you with. God will never take anything from you without a plan to bless you with more in this lifetime. So, here's my journey of seemingly losing what I treasured the most, only to find a greater treasure that would change my life and all my relationships completely forever.
Categories: Biography & Autobiography

Exposition of the Epistle to the Romans

Exposition of the Epistle to the Romans

He bestows no less upon any of his people ; and it is the greatest gift that can be
bestowed. Dr. Gill on this passage remarks — " These words, at first sight, look as
if the sense of them was, that eternal life is the gift of God through Christ, which ...

Author: Robert Haldane

Publisher:

ISBN: UVA:X000236227

Category: Bible

Page: 746

View: 555

Categories: Bible

Death the Wages of Sin and Eternal Life the Gift of God by Christ Represented in a Sermon Preached at Peckham in Surrey March 8 1741 on the Death of Thomas Hadfield by Samuel Chandler

Death the Wages of Sin  and Eternal Life the Gift of God by Christ  Represented in a Sermon Preached at Peckham in Surrey  March 8  1741  on     the Death of     Thomas Hadfield      by Samuel Chandler

In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind.

Author: SAMUEL. CHANDLER

Publisher: Gale Ecco, Print Editions

ISBN: 1379760704

Category:

Page: 74

View: 417

The 18th century was a wealth of knowledge, exploration and rapidly growing technology and expanding record-keeping made possible by advances in the printing press. In its determination to preserve the century of revolution, Gale initiated a revolution of its own: digitization of epic proportions to preserve these invaluable works in the largest archive of its kind. Now for the first time these high-quality digital copies of original 18th century manuscripts are available in print, making them highly accessible to libraries, undergraduate students, and independent scholars. The Age of Enlightenment profoundly enriched religious and philosophical understanding and continues to influence present-day thinking. Works collected here include masterpieces by David Hume, Immanuel Kant, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, as well as religious sermons and moral debates on the issues of the day, such as the slave trade. The Age of Reason saw conflict between Protestantism and Catholicism transformed into one between faith and logic -- a debate that continues in the twenty-first century. ++++ The below data was compiled from various identification fields in the bibliographic record of this title. This data is provided as an additional tool in helping to insure edition identification: ++++ British Library T054272 Pp.65-70 misnumbered 57-62. With a final advertisement leaf. London: printed for J. Noon, 1741. 62[i.e.70], [2]p.; 8°
Categories:

Eternal God Eternal Life

Eternal God  Eternal Life

Immutability is what grounds the gift of eternal life, which we receive by faith. So
Thomas states: 'Some, again, share more fully than others in the nature of eternity
, inasmuch as they possess unchangeableness either in being or further still in ...

Author: Philip G. Ziegler

Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing

ISBN: 9780567666840

Category: Religion

Page: 224

View: 376

How ought Christian faith and theology understand the concept of human immortality today? And what, if anything, might be distinctively Christian about such a concept? The contributors to this volume explore how our thinking about the prospect of human immortality is decisively determined by what we receive of the limitless life of the triune God of the gospel, and how our understanding of immortality is made concrete by the Christian hope in 'the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting'. Debates about how best to understand the eternal life of God are directly significant to how we can imagine the promise of eternal life. While immortality is generally conceived to be a future qualification of human reality, theological approaches to the question of personal immortality must investigate the difference that the hope and promise of such eternal life makes in the living of present-day spiritual life as well as in our common moral and political existence. To understand immortality as an eschatological gift of God requires that we take account of it as a formative factor at the foundations of the Christian life.
Categories: Religion

God s Gift for Mothers

God s Gift for Mothers

The. Gift. of. Eternal. Life. Eternal. life is a wonderful gift God has given you. You
can't pay for it or earn it. Eternal life is a free gift because He loves you with an
everlasting love and wants the very best for you. Live each moment in His
presence ...

Author: Jack Countryman

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

ISBN: 9780718089955

Category: Religion

Page: 224

View: 464

God’s Word is the greatest gift any mother could receive. God’s Gift for Mothers is filled with God’s wisdom, promises, and instructions to guide and encourage mothers in their everyday lives. The Bible is rich with descriptions and stories of godly mothers, and in God’s Gift for Mothers bestselling author Jack Countryman walks you through 89 different ways that God blesses and cares for mothers. Dig deeper into the most influential mothers in the Bible, from Hannah to Ruth to Mary, and pray the same prayers these women whispered in their moments of need. Mediate on the Scripture verses, and inspire your heart as you delve into the promises God has made just for you. With a beautiful, modern design, timeless content, and the words of the New King James Version, God’s Gift for Mothers is a classic in the making. This book will bring joy and peace to your heart and would also make a perfect gift for birthdays, holidays, Mother’s Day, and as a “just because!” gift to share with the special mothers in your life. God delights in mothers. He promises to walk alongside His daughters as they raise future generations to know His name. Lean in closer to hear His promises and the rich blessings that He offers in God’s Gift for Mothers.
Categories: Religion

The Gift of An Abundant Life

The Gift of An Abundant Life

December 17 The Way, the Truth, and the Life John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth,
and the life!” Jesus answered. “Without me no one can go to the Father.”
Personal Note: The only way to eternal life is through Jesus. He endured a lot so
that our ...

Author: L. A. Lewis

Publisher: Lulu.com

ISBN: 9780615334370

Category: Fiction

Page: 366

View: 442

This book is a year's worth of inspirational readings that's guaranteed to uplife and inspire. Be careful because your life will never be the same again. You'll learn to expect God's goodness and mercy to rain down on you. Positive thoughts and words will fill your life as you learn to let go of all negativity. Each day brings you one step closer to living your life of abundance.
Categories: Fiction

God s Eternal Gift a History of the Catholic Doctrine of Predestination from Augustine to the Renaissance

God s Eternal Gift  a History of the Catholic Doctrine of Predestination from Augustine to the Renaissance

This is what predestination is all about. Following God's predestination according
to his good will and pleasure, what comes next is its effect, namely grace, which
is the gift of eternal life bestowed on some people, in the course of the unfolding ...

Author: Guido Stucco

Publisher: Xlibris Corporation

ISBN: 9781469114781

Category: Religion

Page: 780

View: 907

Guido Stucco holds a Ph.D. in Historical Theology from Sait Louis University. He is currently working on a book documenting the developments in the doctrine of predestination, from the Council of Trent to the Jansenist controversy.
Categories: Religion

Works

Works

I am first to request your attention to God's record, in some two or three leading
points concerning his gift of eternal life in Christ, as the fundamental article of our
holy faith. And here I do not think it necessary to go into all the several particulars;
 ...

Author: Robert Hawker

Publisher:

ISBN: BCUL:RERO10661733

Category:

Page:

View: 628

Categories:

The Gift for All People

The Gift for All People

These stories will help Christians comprehend and treasure the assurance of their salvation and will help non-Christians realize and embrace the gift of abundant, eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Author: Max Lucado

Publisher: Multnomah

ISBN: 9780307801104

Category: Religion

Page: 144

View: 511

The Gift for All People is a celebration of God's gift of salvation wrapped in a collection of inspirational stories. These stories will help Christians comprehend and treasure the assurance of their salvation and will help non-Christians realize and embrace the gift of abundant, eternal life in Jesus Christ. The concluding story, written especially for this book, urges readers to give their lives to Jesus Christ and shows them how to do so. This book will provide Christians with a unique, warm, and attractive presentation of the gospel to give to non-Christian family or friends. More than anything, God wants you to be with Him. The God who designed your world, the God who placed you on the planet, simply wants you home with Him. And to bring you home, He offers you a gift...the gift of eternal salvation. My prayer is that through the pages of this book you'll see his gift like you've never seen it. If you've already accepted it, you'll thank Him again. And if you've never accepted it, I pray that you will. For it's the gift of a lifetime. A gift for all people.
Categories: Religion

The Gospel watchman

The Gospel watchman

God now gives eternal life to all who believe in His It was only a sigh , But it
severed the spell name ? God is now , then , giving people eternal life . Which
bad bound tongue and ear , He says , “ The gift of God is eternal life through He
did all ...

Author:

Publisher:

ISBN: OXFORD:555026787

Category:

Page:

View: 967

Categories:

For Every Fear a Promise

For Every Fear a Promise

Life: Fearful. or. Forever. I. was talking to a group of first graders in a Christian
school about eternal life. I asked them how long “eternal life” was. A little boy ...
Paul said, “The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 6:23 NIV)
.

Author: Brad Hicks

Publisher: WestBow Press

ISBN: 9781449777647

Category: Religion

Page: 378

View: 619

Real people face real fears! Dr. Hicks inspires you to discover that God has designed a way to help you cope with the fears in your life. There are many statements in Scripture that either explicitly or implicitly teach us not to fear. What you may not have discovered is that for every one of those there is a promise from God to help you overcome the fear. With each devotional you will find a "fear not" and a "promise" from Scripture. As you discover and appropriate those promises, your fears should begin to subside. You will find yourself identifying with the stories that illustrate Bible truths about fear; be encouraged as you discover a blend of the spiritual and the therapeutic in coping with fear; and confront your personal fears and discover God's overcoming promises through each Scripture-rich, life-applied devotional.
Categories: Religion

Spiritual Keys to the Holy Bible and the gift of God

Spiritual Keys to the Holy Bible and the  gift  of God

This book is a "wake-up" call and a guide for Christians who are physically alive, but spiritually dead!

Author: Shepherd C. Davis

Publisher: Trafford Publishing

ISBN: 9781412042543

Category:

Page: 119

View: 861

This book is a "wake-up" call and a guide for Christians who are physically alive, but spiritually dead! Those who are Christian in name only! They do not attend regular worship services. They seldom communicate with God through prayer. They do not read the word of God or understand it. They do not live righteously because their lives are ruled by the sinful nature. They do not have the 'gift' of God, but expect to receive eternal life after death. However, many won't! Unless they repent, and receive the 'gift' of God, they will die in hell with the anti-Christ's and non-believers. This book is about the plan of God to reconcile humanity to himself through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. His sacrifice enabled the coming of the Holy Spirit. Both are essential for spiritual growth in this life; and later eternal life in the kingdom of God. Without Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit there is no spiritual growth or eternal life for anyone. In the 1st century A.D., a fraction of 1% of the world (the saints) received the 'gift' of God and eternal life, as prophesied [see Daniel 12:1-3]. The other 99.99999999% perished in hell! Today, nearly 33% of the world has received the "gift" of God. They are growing spiritually in 'this life' and will become spirit beings like the angels at the resurrection [see Luke 20:34-36]. The other 67% of the world (the anti-Christ's), however, will perish in hell. This, and much more, is revealed in the 'secrets' of the kingdom of God. Finally, this book provides biblical proof of the "second coming" of Christ and where he is on earth - today!
Categories: